MACHINE VISION /
INSPECTION & METROLOGY
Qioptiq has coalesced the optical performance of our three most popular Optem Lens Systems into a single, modernized lens platform. The Optem FUSION combines infinity optics with modular interchangeability to enable users to integrate versatile 7:1 or 12.5:1 zoom, or configure fixed-magnification economy … and all within a single lens system.
Optem FUSION… Extreme Versatility and NOW
Visible-NIR-SWIR Polychromatic Imaging
Designed to meet the evolving needs of today’s micro imaging applications in OEM systems, the Optem® FUSION Lens System combines a uniform mechanical interface with bi-directional infinity optics to deliver unmatched interchangeability, performance versatility and functional flexibility across three distinct core optical functions...
• FUSION Fixed-Magnification Configurations
• FUSION 7:1 Zoom Lens Modules
• FUSION 12.5:1 Zoom Lens Modules
Combine any of these three core functions with any variety of the universally interchangeable Camera Mounts, Camera Tubes, Lower Function Modules, Lower Magnification Lenses to specify the exact lens form, function and performance to meet your imaging requirements.
Click here to view the Optem FUSION configuration flexibility video
or Contact our team of experts! >>>
Newly Extended SWIR Imaging Range Enables Industry 4.0
With the NEW addition of shortwave infrared (SWIR) compatible components, Optem FUSION now provides true polychromatic imaging performance across the key visible (400-700nm), NIR (700-1100nm) and SWIR (900-1700nm) wavebands. Due to the universal concept of the Optem FUSION micro-imaging lens system, optical solutions spanning 400–1700nm with optimized image sensors are now possible for the first time under a single lens platform, opening entirely new approaches to machine vision demanded by Industry 4.0.
Excelitas adapted and carefully optimized SWIR-compatible components across a select range of its prominent Optem FUSION lens system including:
• Lower objective lenses, with numerous magnifications and working distances
• 7:1 zoom-optical motorized and manual modules
• Fixed-magnification modules for economical configurations
• Camera tubes with a range of magnifications and mounts for any SWIR sensor on the market today
• Beam splitter integrates critical coaxial illumination support
By combining the field-proven visible range performance of Optem FUSION with new capabilities for reaching additional wavebands, the new SWIR lens system enables unique applications involving multiple modalities.
The ability to configure a system with simultaneous visible, NIR or SWIR channels provides access to additional information and capabilities that were previously not possible, including hyperspectral imaging and image fusion.
OEM-Optimized to Streamline Time-to-Market and Forward System Development
It’s never been easier to define and specify a high-performance, micro-imaging lens to deliver your exact imaging performance and fit your most demanding system requirements.
With infinity-corrected optics and a simplified component matrix, a FUSION imaging solution can be designed in minutes... not hours. And FUSION’s modular composition of universally interchangeable standard modules means your prototypes are delivered in days... not months.
Optem FUSION Features
• Configurable with versatile 7:1 Zoom, 12.5:1 Zoom
OR Economical Fixed-Magnification functionality
• NOW polychromatic wavelength range Visible-NIR-SWIR
• Magnification up to 12X and NA up to 0.19
with standard components
• Working Distance from 13 – 490mm
• Optimized for C, CS, F, EOS, 4/3 camera mount
and most any format
• Integrated LED illumination options
• Stepper motorized zoom and focus options
• Enclosed stepper motors reduce operational contamination
and simplify cable management
• Improved optomechanics extend reliability and service life
• Consolidated digital, touch-pad control of
zoom, focus and/or illumination
• Integrate 90° Mirror Cubes and 50/50 Cubes
to modify optical path to alter shape and fit
• Improved barrel design and 3-point dovetail coupling
promote robust lens assembly
• Inline Mount Blocks afford multi-point mounting
along lens system length for maximum imaging stability
Learn more with these useful Optem FUSION links
- Optem FUSION Lens System Brochure (8p) >>>
- Optem FUSION Lens System Specifiers Guide (components & specifications) >>>
- Optem FUSION Configuration Flexibility Video >>>
Questions about the Optem FUSION Lens System?
• Contact our team of experts! >>>